Hi! I’m JAMES ARCHER
I appreciate you visiting me here on Archer.com.
So, now that you’re here…what can I do for you, if anything, to make your life or career better?
I’m not asking that question to be anything but helpful, if I can be, to you.
Why? Because I’m loving life. If things were going any better, I’d have to hire someone to help me enjoy it.
And so…really. I’m not kidding. Ask. I don’t care if you run a school, nonprofit, or major corporation – if I can help you, I will.
And as you travel along your own journey, people who meet you are bound to ask you for advice and guidance.
And if what they ask is something that’s not in your wheelhouse, it may be something with which I can help. I have three areas of focus:
- Cultural / Language Consulting for Businesses – I help organizations fix the disconnect between English and Spanish speaking management and workforce. [Mandatory diversity training does NOT work!]
- Helping schools, nonprofits, and other ORGs that serve English and Spanish speakers. Visit http://www.sharelingo.org
- Helping individuals who have a desire to improve their English or Spanish. Visit http://www.sharelingo.com or for the program I am MOST proud of, visit http://www.isharelingo.com where we are teaching English and Spanish speakers throughout the Americas how to find and practice with each other.
- I’ve started several businesses, been on multiple boards of directors (both for- and non-profit), and I love to connect, and connect with, other people. As you may guess, I’m passionate about diversity and other cultures.
- I’m putting the finishing touches on my personal coaching program for people who genuinely want to learn Spanish, and that should be available soon. I learned Spanish late in life (I started when I was 53) so I know about the hurdles… But I did it – I’m fluent – I found the missing link, and I know that anyone can do it.
- If you know a School Principal, Pastor, CEO or HR director who’s experiencing a disconnect between English and Spanish speakers, you might mention my book – Beyond Words – A Radically Simple Solution to Unify Communities, Strengthen Businesses, and Connect Cultures Through Language – it hit Amazon #1 Best Seller in Sociology of Race Relations just 3 days after release, and ALL PROFITS GO TO AID ORGs THAT SUPPORT DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION.
Finally – if you find yourself headed to beautiful Denver Colorado, hit me up for coffee – I’m happy to
discuss the journey and how to make it more effective and profitable.
James is the founder of The ShareLingo Project – a Social Enterprise that helps people who speak different languages connect and understand each other – both literally (the languages) and culturally. While the program was developed primarily to assist individuals and non-profits (schools, clinics, churches, etc.) it has proven to be a very effective solution within the corporate environment as well.
Prior to founding ShareLingo, JAMES ARCHER was active in many different ventures. He earned a degree in Computer Engineering and his first job out of college was assisting the Canadian and then the Australian military on large computer based training programs. This position took him to Australia, where he joined a conference and exhibition company as a computer programmer (writing, among other things, the world’s first real-time conference delegate registration system). While with this company, James earned his MBA with a focus on international business, and advanced from computer programmer to the Board of Director and became General Manager. During this time, he travelled extensively throughout Australasia to help promote Australian exhibitions to large delegations from countries like China and Vietnam.
Upon his return to the United States, James purchased an art gallery in Breckenridge Colorado, and developed Masterpiece Solutions – the first gallery management software suite capable of integrating online and in-store inventory, images, and meta-data for galleries and antique dealers.
After selling the software business, James invented Silpoura – a silicone kitchen device that aides pouring of almost anything. Of Silpoura, James says, “One can literally pour hot bacon or hamburger grease directly from a skillet into a coke can.”
But it is with ShareLingo that James feels he has found his mission in life.
“Helping people from different cultures connect and understand each other is something our society desperately needs. ShareLingo is working towards world peace – 10 people at a time.”
ShareLingo began when, later in life, James decided to really learn a second language, and selected Spanish. Although he was living in Denver, where there is a very large Spanish speaking community, he found very few resources that helped him connect with people he could practice with. So, as an engineer, he decided to “fix the problem” and ShareLingo came about.
He worked with a local non-profit and brought English and Spanish speakers together. Rather than teaching them, as in a traditional environment, he created a method to help them teach each other. An unplanned, and beautiful, result of the program was seeing the participants really become friends with each other. This program broke down cultural barriers in a way that James had never experienced before.
ShareLingo is helping businesses, individuals, and non-profits break down language and cultural barriers.